When we pray, our prayers will reveal many things that are true and undeniable about us, which we may already be conscious or unconscious of. When we pray, nothing is hidden from God, and God may sometimes allow us to see ourselves as He sees us. Hebrews 4:13, “Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account”.
In other words, God may enlighten us to see ourselves unreservedly through His righteous and holy eyes, so that we may walk in Spirit and in Truth. 2 Corinthians 3:16, “but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away”. It is crucial that when we pray, we listen intently to the words that comes from our hearts, which we utter to God. We must always bear the mindset that darkness is light before God, therefore we must be very honest with God and ourselves, to give substances and vitality to our prayers.
Ephesians 1:18, “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints”.
What Our Prayers Reveal
- 1. They will reveal the true state and condition of our hearts and souls.
- 2. They will reveal the level of our faith and beliefs in God.
- 3. They will reveal our true characters and personalities.
- 4. They will communicate our patience and tolerance levels.
- 5. They will reveal how mature and how equipped we are with the word of God, and the things of God.
- 6. They will reveal our sincere desires and earnest expectations.
- 7. They will help us to face facts and truth, so that we may act in truth.
- 8. They will reveal how much we love God, His word and promises.
- 9. They will reveal how selfish or selfless we are.
- 10. They will reveal whether our focus is on the things of Heaven or the earth.