The best way to receive any thing from God, is through faith. Faith in God, His word and promises through the finished works of Jesus on the Cross of Calvary. To receive our requests and earnest expectations from the Lord, we must be willing to put the word of God to work in our lives, by believing that if God said it, He will surely do it. God does not need our help to perform His responsibilities; instead, He requires for us to walk in truth, boldness and certainly not in fear. Hebrews 11:6, “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him”.
For us to receive our petitions from God, we must diligently trust Him, His decisions and we must be patient and vividly understand that God’s time is always the best and steadfast. 2 Peter 3:8, “But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. It is God’s will that we receive every good thing, especially the things that pertains to life and godliness. Psalm 84:11, “For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favour and honour; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless”.
We must be persistent and prevail in our prayers, praises and worship while we wait patiently for God to grant us our requests. We must endeavour to see our victories just like God sees them and calls forth those victories the way God calls them forth with joy. Just like Jesus prevailed through the challenges of the Cross because of the Glory that awaited Him, we too must draw strength from the word and promises of God. Hebrews 12:2, “fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God”.
Ways that we can receive from God
- 1. We must believe and exercise our faith in GOD, His word and promises.
- 2. We must obey the word, commands and precepts of God.
- 3. We must walk in truth and honesty.
- 4. We must ask God in line with His word
- 5. We must repent from our sins and shun evil.
- 6. We must be patient with God and His will for us.
- 7. We must believe in the goodness, love and faithfulness of God.
- 8. We must pray persistently and fast regularly.
- 9. We must continue to praise and worship God.
- 10. We must walk in the spirit of forgiveness and Agape love.
- 11. We must be benevolent and help other people in need.
- 12. We must endeavour to live godly, in righteousness and holiness.
- 13. Our requests to God must not be selfish or ill motive.
- 14. We must endeavour to evangelise and win souls for God’s Kingdom.
- 15. We must study, confess and meditate on the word of God.